As an eyeshadow hoarder, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette was bound to end up in my online shopping basket. As soon as the Cult Beauty email hit my inbox, I was checking out. And on arrival it didn't take long for me to get stuck into the fourteen shades and I wasn't disappointed...
The new limited edition eyeshadow palette is perfect for the holiday season, boasting fourteen beautiful shades packaged in a classy, mirrored, textured grey, sturdy, cardboard compact. The ABH palette also includes a handy dual-ended eyeshadow brush, which isn't half bad as far as palette brushes go. But the shadows, oh the shadows are b-e-a-u-tiful. From your everyday one sweep wonders such as 'Buttery', 'Blush' and 'Sherbert'. A fab highlight 'Treasure' and not forgetting a few surprises 'Deep Purple', 'Self-Made', 'Blossom' and ‘Isla’, which are perfect for those who like to experiment with a pop of colour, this palette offers something a little different than the usual palette release. The finishes are a mix of satin, shimmer and matte, but with only two true matte shades on offer, I do on occasion dip into another palette. The quality is fantastic, they're incredibly pigmented and buttery which makes applying and blending a breeze, however due to their soft, buttery texture I would recommend applying the shadows before foundation and concealer as I have experienced a little fallout with a couple of shades. They're very long lasting, when worn with a primer they stay put without fading or creasing for up to 8 hours.
- Pink Champagne: A rose gold with a titanium finish.
- Metallic Plum: A dark plum with a metallic finish.
- Self-Made: A deep bronze with a satin finish.
- Witchy: A khaki gray with a sparkle finish.
- Blush: A light beige with a duo chrome pink finish.
- Blossom: A lilac pink with a metallic finish.
- Buttery: A buildable beige with an ultra-matte finish.
- Deep Purple: An amethyst purple with a titanium finish.
- Treasure: An ultra-light Champagne with a metallic finish.
- Hot & Cold: A rum brown with a metallic finish.
- Sherbert: An ultra-light peach with a velvet finish.
- Isla: A sea foam green with a duo chrome gold finish.
- Spirit Rock: A galaxy black with a sparkle finish.
- Hot Chocolate: Rich, cocoa brown with an ultra-matte finish.